FLAGS AND SYMBOLS FROM 1800 TO 1900 CENTURY
THE REPUBLIC OF REAL DE KAKARONG DE SILI / THE REPUBLICA OF REAL DE CACARONG DE SILI - 1896
During the Philippine Revolution, Pandi ( the place where Kakarong de Sili is located ) , played a vital and historical role in the fight for Philippine Independence. It was in Kakarong de Sili, which about 6,000 Katipuneros from various towns of Bulacan headed by General Eusebio Roque, better known as "Maestrong Sebio" that the "Kakarong Republic" was organized shortly after the cry of Balintawak.
According to some sources including the biography of General Gregorio del Pilar entitled "Life and Death of a Boy General" written by Teodoro Kalaw, former director of the National Library, a fort was constructed at Kakarong de Sili that was like a miniature city. It had streets, an independent police force, a musical band, a factory of falconets, bolos and repair shops for rifles and cartridges. The "Real de Kakarong de Sili Republic" had a complete set of officials with Canuto Villanueva as Supreme Chief and "Maestrong Sebio" as Captain-General of the Army. The fort was attacked and totally destroyed on January 1, 1897 by a large Spanish force headed by General Olaguer-Feliu. Gen. Del Pilar was only a lieutenant at that time and the Battle of Kakarong de Sili was his first "baptism of fire".
The flag of the Republic probably was a plain red flag or a red katipunan flag with three white K on it.
(SUPPOSED ) FLAGS ADOPTED ON KAKARONG DE SILI
IMAGE OF MAESTRONG SEBIO (EUSEBIO ROQUE ) AFTER HIS CAPTURE BY SPANISH TROOPS *
Thanks to Jim Richardson for the image from his web site : http://kasaysayan-kkk.info